From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Andrew Lopez (SXS US)
Sent: Friday, August 28, 2015 7:48 AM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Querying a Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Database from an iSeries

Does anyone know of a query tool that meets the following criteria:

- It runs on the IBM i and can be scheduled by Robot

- It can email results as an Excel spreadsheet

- It can query Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and the native database

- It DOES NOT require manually configuring JDBC?

We have the need to generate reports and don't have the time to sort out
Java Versions, JDBC jar versions, Class paths, Connection Strings, SSL
errors and the rest. If the tool uses JDBC, but handles all of the needed
configuration AND supports SQL Server 2012, we would be interested. I can
find plenty of information on rolling out solutions using JDBC, but we don't
have time for that. I found that ARDGate can handle the JDBC setup in a
more automated fashion, but I need a reporting tool that will support
pulling the data and sending as indicated above.

The SPENDMONEY command is what we would prefer, the ROLLYOUROWN command will
not be used.

Spirax-Sarco Engineering Plc. This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by
Verizon Business Internet Managed Scanning Services - powered by
MessageLabs. For further information visit http://www.verizonbusiness.com/uk