Try running a command that is 124 characters and see if it bombs?

I don't have such a command off the top of my head but it seems like you could concoct something that would end up telling you that you can go past the old 123 char limit.

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.Frankeni.com

On 8/21/2015 8:17 AM, Michael Smith wrote:

I have a need to able to use the STRPCCMD with a longer length... This is from the V7R2 Memo to users:

STRPCCMD command changes Start PC Command (STRPCCMD) behavior changes.

When STRPCCMD is used with the 5250 emulator in IBM i Access Client Solutions, the maximum command
length that may be specified for the PCCMD parameter is now 1023 characters. Other 5250 emulators may
truncate the command to their maximum supported length. For example, the 5250 emulator in IBM i
Access for Windows and Personal Communications will truncate the command to the existing limit of 123
character

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Buck Calabro
Sent: Thursday, August 20, 2015 4:48 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Which emulator am I running

On 8/20/2015 4:33 PM, Michael Smith wrote:
Is there a way to determine which 5250 emulation you are running from within an RPG program?

I spun that one around a bit and am unable to see how it could be possible.

Perhaps there's a different question? Assuming that you /could/ find out the emulator, what would your RPG program do with that information?

--
--buck