We had an unanswered message in QSYSOPR late yesterday afternoon that
caused issues after hours and this morning. I'm looking at ways to monitor
QSYSOPR. I googled and found instructions for setting up a message monitor
in Management Central for QSYSOPR message queue.

I expanded Management Central/Monitors. When I right-click "Message" then
"New Monitor" it fails with the following in the joblog:

Additional Message Information

Message ID . . . . . . : CPFB92A

Date sent . . . . . . : 08/19/15 Time sent . . . . . . :
11:22:04

Message . . . . : Unexpected exception occurred during Management
Central
protocol.

Cause . . . . . : An unexpected protocol exception occurred on system

I5.DILGARDFOODS.COM.

Recovery . . . : If the problem persists, contact service.

followed by:

Additional Message Information

Message ID . . . . . . : CPFB96B

Date sent . . . . . . : 08/19/15 Time sent . . . . . . :
11:22:04

Message . . . . : Authentication failed for request from user JEFF on
system
JLCROSBY.

Cause . . . . . : The Management Central server on system

MYIBMI.MYCOMPANY.COM was not able to authenticate the request from
system
JLCROSBY using protocol 8192. The protocols are: 1024 and 8192 -

Profile/Password protocol, 512 - Kerberos protocol.

Recovery . . . : For protocol 1024 and 8192, profile and password

authentication is being used. Check previous messages for more
information.
Verify that the user profile exists on each system with the appropriate

granted authorities and submit the request again. For protocol 512,

Kerberos authentication is being used. Check previous messages for more

information. Verify that Kerberos is properly configured on both
systems
and submit the request again.

Googling CPFB92A results in few hits, one of which says

"The following IBM document may very easily have the answer to the problem,
however it is restricted and you have to have PartnerWorld access to get to
it. Why do they restrict documents like this? 29531900, Cannot Start
Monitors Because of Messages CPFB92A and CPFB96B"

I googled that document and found zilch.

Management Central server is running, though I don't remember ever using it
much. System i 520, V7R1, pretty current on PTFs. I'm using my signon
(*ALLOBJ authority) in System i Navigator. QSECOFR is not disabled.

Suggestions? Should I change Management Central to use IP address instead
of MYIBMI.MYCOMPANY.COM?

Thanks.