I should have looked there. I know better. But, failed to do that. No
joblog available, since I signed off the console without requesting the job
log. Just now did DSPLOG for the time period. Nothing really helpful.
Just odd. Message CPA4088 Load next... appears at 09:42:41 and again at
09:45:43. First message has no replay, but is followed immediately by
CPI5922 Device description is not usable....

If I >had< to guess, I would think the underlying CLP for GO SAVE might
have just not been robust enough to handle the twin conditions of dirty
drive and end of tape. I >thought< I saw a message on the console about a
failure. May have imagined that.

John McKee