Another tidbit I left out:
The SQL in the program is actually referencing CDRPKGP. When the program is ran in "daily" mode it overrides to CDRPKGDAYP, so that's just another piece in the puzzle.

Mark W contacted me off list suggesting doing a PRTSQLINF against my service program with the embedded SQL.
It's referencing CDRPKG05 which is what I'd expect. I would also expect it to use an index called CDRPKG06 (which is used when I run the sql interactively).
However I can see the program running right now and it is not using CdrPkg05 (or CdrPkgDay5 which is what the daily version would use).

UPDATE CDRPKGP SET APPLIEDAMT = APPLIEDAMT + : H , APPLIEDQTY = APPLIEDQTY + :
H , APPLYSEQ# = ( CASE WHEN APPLYSEQ# = 0 THEN ( SELECT MAX ( APPLYSEQ# ) + 1
FROM CDRPKGP WHERE EDITID = : H AND CDRSEQ# = : H ) ELSE APPLYSEQ# END ) WHERE
EDITID = : H AND CDRSEQ# = : H AND ROWID = : H
SQL4021 Access plan last saved on 08/13/15 at 13:32:37.
SQL4020 Estimated query run time is 0 seconds.
SQL4017 Host variables implemented as reusable ODP.
SQL4007 Query implementation for join position 1 table 1.
SQL4008 Index CDRPKG05 used for table 1.
SQL4026 Index only access used on table number 1.
SQL4011 Index scan-key row positioning used on table 1.
SQL4007 Query implementation for join position 2 table 1.
SQL4008 Index CDRPKG01 used for table 1.
SQL4026 Index only access used on table number 1.
SQL4011 Index scan-key row positioning used on table 1.
SQL4006 All indexes considered for table 0.

Kurt Anderson
Sr. Programmer/Analyst - Application Development, Service Delivery Platform