Roberto,

So the solution was was to take a trip on the wayback machine and fire up an XP VM (which I happened to already have). The SCM version 2.20 works with FF 11 and Java 1.6 on Windows XP and I am going to leave it there. I don't think the Java version plays here because as I watched SCM install on XP, it seemed like it installed it's own JVM. So I really think it is a browser version issue.

I DO have SCM running on Windows 7 and it DID work at one time. Now FF is cranky about an unsupported SSL and I rolled it back to version 37 AND also enabled the use of SSLv3 which was disabled by default starting in 37 and in version 40 just flat out can't be bypassed (at least with everything that I tried). The SCM web interface does run on Win 7 and FF37 but I never connect to the SAS RAID controllers. Since the XP VM with FF11 DOES connect, I'll stick with that since I don't want to roll back to FF11 on my Win7 machine (or keep experimenting with finding the magic version of FF where it all works again).

Thanks for the ideas. The XP VM with the ancient version of FF was the ticket....

Pete Helgren
www.petesworkshop.com
GIAC Secure Software Programmer-Java