From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Vernon Hamberg
Sent: Saturday, August 08, 2015 10:47 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Where are the updates to Access Client Solutions for
Windowsposted?

Paul, I don't know where you heard that there SHOULD be a config or path
setting - just extract everything into the original location.

Yes, the location of the HOD and other files is not where the application
lives - the original extracted-to folder - but the file association DOES
point to the original extracted-to folder - the associations you created
when you first ran the file association tool in the main ACS window - I
assume you did that, right?

So I guess the pointer to the path is in the registry - it is on my machine,
at any rate.

I know Jim said there is no registry stuff, and that is true, at least until
you run the File Association tool. And there are these other directories
created at some time - I suspect when you first run the launcher - I didn't
think to compare before and after.

Now a full uninstall - to go a bit off-track - would need to handle the file
association stuff and the directories like iAccessClient, seems to me - I've
not yet heard of an uninstall script or batch file, but then I've not looked
for that, either.

Back to this thread - you said that the link still pointed to 1.1.3 after
you extracted the version from ESS - I suspect that the version on ESS is
NOT the latest - Tim or someone from IBM can confirm. I do know that the
latest is on the FTP site, and you should get that one and try again.

Cheers
Vern