Yeah, Jim, time to let the twinax go. I know you feel they're a tank and
just keep going forever (I'd argue with you about that and I don't miss
their problems), but, believe it or not, numerous companies have disposed
of all their twinax devices and haven't had to close their doors.

No, not all laser printers have to be direct attached. I'd argue that
most of them are not. At least here. Most of ours hook up via LAN.
Granted, the really low budget ones are often direct attached only and
their guise is to hope they sell them to someone stupid enough to buy
their cartridges for twice the price of their printer. Our purchasing
tends to fight against a plethora of little printers out there all running
their own models with their own ink supplies and what not. They pretty
aggressively rounded up these islands.

You do have a good idea that if you can get away with multiple printers
then to put them close to where the final document ends up at. If you do
that you may not need to have multicolored forms. Hey who cares if copy 3
is pink if you don't have to run it out to shipping and it prints right
out at the shippers printer?