I have ACS up and running on my PC.
Haven't really stress tested it as of yet.
Windows 10 is here and around the corner.
All of our 1,000+ clients will be upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10.

ACS will now be required since iSeries Access will not be supported on W10.

I need to come up with a ACS migration plan.
I've been reading all the posts, trying to familiarize myself with all the issues.
I found some ACS migration documentation, actually included in the download on my PC.
C:\IBM_i_Access_Client_Solutions_LCD8_2010_05\Documentation

Can iSeries Access to ACS migration be automated?

1) Majority are base users.
2) Need to identify Super Users and migrate users with keyboard mappings, macros, saved Data Transfer Request Files, Excel users, did I miss anything?
3) Can existing iSeries Access shortcuts be changed to be ACS shortcuts?

9.6 Migrating from IBM i Access for Windows
IBM i Access Client Solutions configuration files are not compatible with the
corresponding functions in IBM i Access for Windows. IBM i Access Client
Solutions provides a migration path for several key items as discussed in the
following sections.

9.6.1 Migrating System Configurations
-------------------------------------
The Copy Connections function available from the main GUI menu at
File->Copy Connections provides an interface for copying system configurations
between IBM i Access Client Solutions and the legacy Windows configuration
supported by IBM i Access for Windows. For additional information, see the help
for the main panel of Copy Connections.

The system configurations may also be migrated using the command line. See
section 9.1.25 MIGRATE for additional information.

9.6.2 Migrating 5250 Emulation
------------------------------
5250 emulation files used by the IBM i Access for Windows Personal Communications
emulator can be converted by using the 5250 Session Manager in IBM i Access Client
Solutions.
The following file types can be converted from Personal Communications:
.ws - emulator profile
.bch - emulator batch file
.kmp - keyboard customization file
.pmp - poppad files
The files will be converted to:
.hod - emulator profile
.bchx - emulator batch file
.kmp - keyboard customization file
.pmp - poppad files
The .kmp and .pmp file types are used by both products. However the formats are not
compatible. The converted files will be created in an IBM i Access Clients Solutions
specific path.

The conversion of these files can be initiated from the IBM i Access Client Solutions
Session Manager menu by selecting File->Import and then locating the Personal
Communications files. The conversion may also be initiated by dragging and dropping
a .ws or .bch file into the IBM i Access Client Solutions Session Manager window.

A beta version of a macro conversion utility is available. From the Session Manager:
File->Convert Macro...

9.6.3 Migrating Saved Data Transfer Request Files
Data Transfer in IBM i Access Client Solutions provides a wizard for
converting saved Data Transfer request files that were generated by
IBM i Access for Windows.
The following file types can be converted from IBM i Access for Windows:
.dtf - data transfer from IBM i
.dtt - data transfer to IBM i
The files will be converted to:
.dtfx - data transfer from IBM i
.dttx - data transfer to IBM i
The Data Transfer migration wizard does not migrate .fdf files. The new
file type required by IBM i Access Client Solutions is of the type .fdfx
and can be generated during a download or by using the Create File Wizard.

The Data Transfer migration wizard is available from the Data Transfer
main menu by selecting Actions->Data Transfer Migration

9.6.4 EHLLAPI
-------------
5250 applications which leverage EHLLAPI for accessing the Personal
Communications emulator shipped with IBM i Access for Windows, should
refer to the following KB article for information about using EHLLAPI
with IBM i Access Client Solutions:
http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.NSF/DocNumber/653368666

9.6.5 Kerberos
--------------
IBM i Access Client Solutions has support for kerberos. To use kerberos
when connecting to a system:
1. Bring up System Configurations from the main GUI
2. Select New or Edit an existing system configuration
3. On the Connection tab, select
"Use kerberos authentication; do not prompt"

Setting up a kerberos environment is beyond the scope of this document.

9.7 Key Management
------------------
Managing certificates for Secure Socket Layer (SSL) connections is available
from the main GUI by selecting Tools->Key Management. Some tasks on the
Key Database require the keystore integrity passphrase. The default
passphrase is ca400.

9.8 Data Transfer Support for Excel and Calc Spreadsheets
In addition to supporting downloads to a File, Data Transfer also
supports downloads to an active spreadsheet for either Microsoft's Excel
spreadsheet or OpenOffice's Calc spreadsheet. To download to an active
spreadsheet, the main Data Transfer GUI panel provides the option to select
an Output Device. By default, the Output Device is File. If your platform
supports interaction with the Excel and/or Calc spreadsheet, additional
options for an Active Excel Spreadsheet and an Active Calc Spreadsheet can
be selected from the Output Device drop down box.

Restrictions:

A minimum version of OpenOffice 3.4.1 is required.

On Linux platforms, OpenOffice will need to be installed to the default location.

The bitness between the spreadsheet application and the IBM i Access Client
Solutions application must be the same or Data Transfer will not be able to
interact with the spreadsheet. Some spreadsheet applications offer both 32
and 64 bit versions. Both versions are capable of running on a 64 bit PC.
The bitness of the spreadsheet application must match the bitness of the
IBM i Access Client Solutions application. The bitness of IBM i Access Client
Solutions application is determined by the Java Virtual Machine (JVM) where it
is running. When there is a bitness mismatch between the spreadsheet application
and the JVM running IBM i Access Client Solutions and you select an active
spreadsheet for the Output Device, the error "Active Spreadsheet was not found"
will be displayed. If you are running on a 64 bit PC, you may start IBM i Access
Client Solutions using either the 32 bit or 64 bit binary launcher specific to
your platform. In order for the active spreadsheet support to work, start IBM i
Access Client Solutions using the platform specific binary that matches the bitness
of the spreadsheet application being used.

The active spreadsheet support does not work on a Mac. The OpenOffice application
is only available as a 32 bit application and Mac only supports a 64 bit Java
Virtual Machine (JVM). So there is always a bitness mismatch which prevents
Data Transfer from interacting with an active spreadsheet.

Thank You
_____
Paul Steinmetz
IBM i Systems Administrator