From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of rob@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, August 06, 2015 7:24 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: Node.JS

Paul,

There's these things called "computers"...
Just picking on you. But all out of love buddy.

I tend to know my customer number. Granted it changed at some time but I do keep them both recorded. And I have them documented, along with make, model, and serial number of each piece of equipment. Just in case someone other than me has to call in support.
I open enough PMR's electronically that there's no way I'll ever forget my user id and password (save but for the intervention of God). Instead of relying upon tricks, like calling in at certain hours in order to get one's favored geographical region, I just open PMR's electronically.
I often order PTFs on media using the web interface.
I'm just an end customer but I can usually stumble my way around ESS. The only trick there is remembering how to drill all the way down to find stuff like Access Client Solutions. Perhaps you're running into issues where you have multiple make/model/SerialNumbers of processors and picking the best one that has such and such version of OS, and the right LPP's, on it. Yeah, that can be a bit of a trick.

I will admit, when I open a ticket electronically and I get a call from "entitlement" and then ask me how I am doing I always reply "lousy, I'm talking to entitlement instead of a technician".
Oh well, it's better than when I get a cold call that asks me how I'm doing and I go into great details about biological functions.

Garrett, IN 46738
Ship to: Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755