Hi all,

I've got a client that doesn't have any aix/vios-capable personnel and
asked me if it's possible to move from having IVM (vios without an HMC) to
a single partition. Machine type is 8202-E4B
They have IVM and 3 partitions (3 badly configured partitions, single
virtual disk each, hosted on internal disks etc).
They are a software shop and no longer need all 3 partitions, so
consolidation on a single IBM i machine could be a very effective way of
reducing downtime (in the last 3 years they had to reload VIOS twice, once
last week when they had the mirror go bad and a few years before).

Here comes my questions:

System Planning Tool has only HMC, IVM and SDMC as options for management,
it doesn't mention Lan Console but i could swear i've worked on 720's that
have a single partition.
I know that i would have to go into the ASMI and factory reset everything
for the current partitions to disappear, anything else?

The other question is: How can i find out if the disks they currently have
(146Gb 15K 44V6845 for AIX/Linux) can be formatted to the 522 bytes per
sector format of the IBM i? I know Sue Baker mentioned some disks have the
correct VPD for it... Otherwise i have to change them to #1888's

Best Regards,

Roberto