By now you've probably all heard about the Wikileaks dump of email from
Hackingteam. Well, the Wikileaks archive is searchable.

https://wikileaks.org/hackingteam/emails/?q=as400&mfrom=&mto=&title=&notitle=&date=&nofrom=&noto=&count=50&sort=0#searchresult

https://wikileaks.org/hackingteam/emails/?q=iseries&mfrom=&mto=&title=&notitle=&date=&nofrom=&noto=&count=50&sort=0#searchresult

https://wikileaks.org/hackingteam/emails/?q=%22ibm+i%22&mfrom=&mto=&title=&notitle=&date=&nofrom=&noto=&count=50&sort=0#searchresult

Here's a tool - in the wild - used to brute force FTPD:
https://wikileaks.org/hackingteam/emails/emailid/373240

It's clear that Hackingteam subscribed to several official IBM mailing
lists in order to keep current. They also subscribed to ISV mailing
lists for the same reason.
https://wikileaks.org/hackingteam/emails/emailid/1130250

They've been interested in the midrange platform for quite some time.
Here's an email from 2010 entitled 'Ethical hacking activities'.
If they were hired to do ethical hacking, how much of that knowledge did
they you for the... other side of their business? Or perhaps they
simply glommed on to legitimate 'ethical hacker' results?
https://wikileaks.org/hackingteam/emails/emailid/474517

'L'applicazione da quanto ho capito serve a stipulare nuove polizze ed
e' basata su websphere. Ha una parte dinamica fatta con dei web services
che interrogano un AS400 in cui ci dovrebbe essere il DB.'

As I understand it, the app is based on Websphere and allows one to take
out new policies. It has a dynamic part that uses AS400 and queries the
database.

'Cmq immagino che si debba cercare di cambiarsi i premi delle polizze e
cose simili.'

Anyway, I guess we should try to change policy premiums and similar things.