Got it. Had to change the JDBC settings to translate CCSID 65535 and things are readable now.

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Olson [mailto:Matt.Olson@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, July 02, 2015 4:34 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: List all objects attached to a journal

Any idea why when I select from that file it is all hexadecimal gibberish when using tools like iSeries navigator run sql scripts?

I can view it fine with strsql from a 5250 session, but still run into limits of the 5250 session display and paging.

Almost there! Just need to figure out how to get it to display properly in a "real" query tool like run sql scripts in navigator, sqldbx, or ibm data studio