The answer to that question has been given by IBM in two ways:

CPW (Commercial Processing Workload) for IBM i
rPerf (Relative Performance) for AIX

Those are values that are posted for each feature of each machine. Search
for power5 CPW and you'll find how much each model had. That also takes
into account limited systems, where you had 2 cores and only 0,32 active
and stuff like that.

Another thing is that for the machine to reach said CPW levels you might
have to add RAM or IO cards, since CPU capacity is useless if you need to
move data and the controllers can't handle it...

So it remains the same. Go into the SST, find out your proc feat and then
look it up. You'll find out what proc it is, how fast it goes and how it
compares to other machines via the CPW metric.

Best Regards,

Roberto