Hi, John:

There is a free tool called "Install Aid" from Bug Busters Software Engineering, Inc. -- the developers of Remote Software Facility (RSF) -- see:

http://www.bugbusters.net/download.htm/#installaid

This free tool can upload a save file from a Windows PC to OS/400 (or IBM i) and "install" automatically "in one step" -- you can also add your own program named RSFINST to your save file and it can be called automatically by "Install Aid" -- sort of like a LODRUN for "save files."

NOTE: you need to refer to the documentation for RSF to learn how to write and use an RSFINST program, and then you can use "Install Aid" without actually purchasing a license for RSF or even installing RSF on your OS/400 or IBM i systems.

Hope that helps,

Mark S. Waterbury

> On 6/18/2015 11:14 AM, John R. Smith, Jr. wrote:
For program installs in the Windows world, I have the ability to create an
install package (single program that contains executables and zipped
data/files) or even just a self-extracting zip file. This allows the
installer to download one "program" and run it and everything is installed.
I am looking for a way to do this on the iSeries to eliminate downloading
both a SAVF and an install program.

Does any such thing exist?