I have an open PMR with IBM development is reviewing logs.

VLOG has since wrapped, earliest entry is 06/12/15 18:50:11

Besides the tens of thousands 1800 0061

Few 0063 and 0067

Entry Major Major Minor Dump
ID Description Code Code Date Time K bytes
64019854 Product activity log 1800 0063 06/12/15 18:53:57 1
65016017 Product activity log 1800 0063 06/12/15 19:03:56 1

Entry Major Major Minor Dump
Opt ID Description Code Code Date Time K bytes
6401961F Product activity log 1800 0067 06/12/15 18:52:27 1
65015DD0 Product activity log 1800 0067 06/12/15 19:02:28 1

Entry Major Major Minor Dump
ID Description Code Code Date Time K bytes
640162F0 Product activity log 1800 0061 06/12/15 18:50:11 1

Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of CRPence
Sent: Friday, June 12, 2015 7:06 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: System task consuming 30% of CPU - EL-ERRLOG 29.6

On 12-Jun-2015 16:53 -0600, Steinmetz, Paul wrote:

Nothing logged to PAL.

Bummer. Seems so contrary to the "Major Description" being "Product Activity Log" as supported by the "TYPE 1800 (ACTIVITY LOG)", that a VLog would record the vl1800xxxx, yet nothing appear in the PAL.

Hmmm. That Vlog might be like some others that simply imply "the last recorded error is duplicate of the prior of the same value, so nothing was logged [in the PAL vs the LIC Log]"; i.e. maybe dump items are logging info like how many duplicates were omitted.? So perhaps the [one of the] latest PAL entry is the problem being repeatedly left unlogged in the PAL to prevent /losing/ other potentially pertinent PAL data with /duplicates/.

I do not recall what /settings/ can be adjusted for the PALs, perhaps like the dump and entry limits of the VLIC LOGs, they can be ajusted; and perhaps instead of vlogging duplicates in the PAL, the VLog is suggesting the PALs are unable to be logged for some reason; and perhaps adjusting the sizes could change things.?