On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 11:36 AM, Vernon Hamberg
<vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I suspect we will have philosophical differences here - hence this has the
potential for being a religious argument - Q.E.D., not to be continued too
much longer, mehopes~~

Indeed. There's a classic tension between adherents of "big change"
versus those of "baby steps". Obviously both offer value.

Folks who opt for baby steps have made the calculation that big change
will be too daunting for their customers or constituents, and that
baby steps are better than no steps. They often share the ultimate
hope that eventually baby steps will build up to big change over time.

Folks who opt for big change have made the calculation that baby steps
will be too small; that several baby steps will take longer and be
more costly than one big step; and that worse still, progress may halt
with the onset of a new round of complacency after a baby step without
reaching the ultimate goal.

Understandable concerns for both approaches, I'd say. And I don't
think one approach is always the best for every organization. I think
that the midrange platform and community seem to be able to
accommodate either, which is definitely a good thing.

John Y.