From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
DrFranken
Sent: Tuesday, June 09, 2015 7:06 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: 'green screen' not sellable --> WE(?) are the problem

Jim,

Here's the thing, it's ATTITUDE and APTITUDE. Just because you wrote

awesome subfile applications doesn't mean you can't move forward. As you
say it may be because of this that you are requested to do more of them.
If you have the Aptitude you can make them even better. Combine that
with an Attitude that allows you to continue to seek to do better. You
may have started by adding links to images or hotspots for the mouse,
later by refacing, even later by switching to a web based interaction
completely. You might not get there on day/week/month one but you keep
suggesting and tweaking and adding. Eventually folks realize that IS the
next best thing and there you go. Now you're the expert in 'Doing
Better' not just the expert in subfiles!

When I say 'Cretins' it's those who THEMSELVES say "I ain't
changing,
and even if I tried my employer would stop me so why bother." They have
'parked it' they are dead to me. I understand that you may not want to
work 12 hours a day 6 or 7 days a week. However you can't work 9 to 5 in
a 5 day shop that won't change and then whine that you're out of date.

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.frankeni.com
www.iDevCloud.com
www.iInTheCloud.com