I wasn’t endorsing Profound Nathan - but you were talking about a specific design scenario and my client used Profound to build just that. If they had used look, or Rocket, or Asna, or … I would have said that.

I have found that most of the RPGers who deserve “more credit” are for the most part already doing web stuff and have been for years. As a teacher I am concerned with finding ways to help folks who haven’t yet made that leap (for whatever reason) to do so. Starting with an existing and well known and understood paradigm can help them make that jump.

I always found it more than a little amusing that folks who grew up with S/34/36 MRTs or mainframes who knew CICS, have a far easier time learning to program for the web than those raised in the S/38 EXFMT school. Why? Because if you have never had to worry about maintaining state then it can be a hard thing to get your head around. But those of us old frets who had to deal with it for green screen apps already had that skill and the transition was simple.

Jon Paris

www.partner400.com
www.SystemiDeveloper.com