Steve Pavlichek
<spavlichek@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on
Tue, 02 Jun 2015 15:13:58 GMT:

Best way to confirm acceptable performance would be to use
Disk Magic. Short cut would be to request to have the same
number of disk drives (Physical drives, not LUNs), same speed
(15k or 10k) and that they be dedicated drives, not shared
with other hosts. It is also important when they configure
the LUNs to present to the LPARs, that the LUNs are similar in
size and quantity to your physical disk configuration.

Disk Magic only supports IBM storage. No mention of the vendor
for SAN storage has been made.

Depending on %full, more physical disk devices may be required
in the SAN due to drives per parity set and hot spare
requirements.

Sharing the arrays in the SAN may or may not have an impact on
results. If not sharing reduces the number of drives backing
the LUN significantly, this may result in poorer performance.

Similar size isn't a requirement. Similar quantity is advised,
which is likely to translate to similar size.