From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Steinmetz, Paul
Sent: Tuesday, June 02, 2015 1:31 PM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: RE: Disabling SSL version TLSV1 - only allowing TLSV1.1 and TLSV1.2

I opened a PMR with IBM.

Learned that each IBM application also needs to have its SSL default settings changed.

Enable Telnet and Host servers

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas8N1019971

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas8N1020017

At V7R1, all IBM apps use default, this can be seen via DCM, update Application Definition.

One example, Application ID: QIBM_QTV_TELNET_SERVER, has the below default settings, which are all set to *PGM (not sure what V7R1 *PGM is at this point, looking for this documentation, anyone have this).

Each app needs to be changed from *PGM and customized for the desired SSL needed.

Each app needs to be recycled for the SSL changes to take effect, which is different than changing the i5/OS system values QSSL*.

At V7R2, *PGM has different defaults, may not need as many changes, if any.

Update Application Definition
Application type: Server

Application ID: QIBM_QTV_TELNET_SERVER

Application description: IBM i TCP/IP Telnet Server

Certificate Assigned: PENCOR0115WCSHA256

Information that can be updated:
SSL protocols

*PGM

Define protocols supported:

TLS 1.2

TLS 1.1

TLS 1.0

SSL 3.0

SSL 2.0

SSL cipher specification options

*PGM

Define cipher specification list:

Order

RSA_AES_128_CBC_SHA256

RSA_AES_128_CBC_SHA

RSA_AES_256_CBC_SHA256

RSA_AES_256_CBC_SHA

RSA_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA

RSA_RC4_128_SHA

RSA_RC4_128_MD5

RSA_DES_CBC_SHA

RSA_EXPORT_RC2_CBC_40_MD5

RSA_EXPORT_RC4_40_MD5

RSA_NULL_SHA256

RSA_NULL_SHA

RSA_NULL_MD5

RSA_RC2_CBC_128_MD5

RSA_3DES_EDE_CBC_MD5

RSA_DES_CBC_MD5

Extended renegotiation critical mode processing:

*PGM Enable Disable

Server Name Indication (SNI):

Special indicators:

(The following information applies when client authentication is enabled) Client authentication required:

Yes No

Define the CA trust list:

Yes No

Certificate Revocation List (CRL) checking:

Yes No

Online Certificate Status Protocol (OCSP) attributes:

OCSP URL: *PGM Disable Define URL value

URL value:

OCSP Authority Information Access (AIA) processing: *PGM Enable Disable

SSL signature algorithms

*PGM

Define signature algorithms supported:

Order