On 26-May-2015 12:10 -0500, Buck Calabro wrote:
On 5/26/2015 12:58 PM, Justin Taylor wrote:
Originally, we used journaling just for commitment control, and
receivers were auto-purged as soon as they were no longer needed.
We'd now like to keep those receivers until they've been saved.
Is there any easy way to accomplish this?

dspobjd output(*outfile)
query column ODSDAT; if populated, receiver has been saved.

Re use of DSPOBJD and ODSDAT, see the recent thread "Subject: journal receiver maintenance" <http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l/201504/threads.html#00719>, and specifically my reply here:
<http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l/201504/msg00736.html>

Also, although I have not used any, search the web [perhaps limited to just midrange.com] for a non-OS Retrieve Journal Receiver Attributes (RTVJRNRCVA) command that could probably be combined with the Display Object Description (DSPOBJD) output file information to assist; in place of using ODSDAT that fails to provide what is required. Note: A cursory review of Vengoal's code shows a somewhat unfavorable implementation using MONMSG MCH3601 instead of testing the address, and failure to cleanup those messages, but easily enough /corrected/.

While the use of the list of receivers from a library versus use of a list of the Journal Receivers (JRNRCV) in the Receiver Chain from a particular Journal (JRN) may not be generally appropriate, for the purpose of Delete Journal Receiver (DLTJRNRCV) of already-saved receivers for a journal for which that library is the known location with a known prefix for the JrnRcv objects, that combination of object listing and attribute retrieval may prove sufficient for the needs of many; i.e. likely for the purposes of the OP.

For convenience, some results of a search:

<http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l/200803/msg01756.html>
Subject: Command RTVJRNA, RTVJRNRCVA with API QjoRetrieveJournalInformation, QjoRtvJrnReceiverInformation

<http://taatool.com/document/S_rtvjrnrcva.html>
RTVJRNRCVA -- Retrieve Journal Receiver Attributes