From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Charles Wilt
Sent: Wednesday, May 27, 2015 7:55 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Purge saved journal receivers

I don't find it hard either...

But why roll my own when there's an existing utility to do it for you?
http://iprodeveloper.com/rpg-programming/apis-example-manage-journal-receive
rs

Are my emails not being seen or what? I seem to be being ignored...

Charles

On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 8:48 AM, <rob@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I don't think it's that hard to list journal receivers, whether or not
they are detached, and whether the last save date/time was after they
were detached.
However, many other people think that it is. Many people have a tough
time overcoming the learning curve in how to:
- handle a user space
- use a list API
- handle the error code parameter
and all that genre. Stuff that once you do it the first time isn't
all that hard. Then again, you can probably reconfigure a system from
Lan Console to HMC in your sleep.

IBM coming up with a service for this would be a huge help for that crowd.

Combined with a QCMDEXC UDF and you could simply run something like

create table qtemp.DeletedReceivers as ( select ReceiverLib,
ReceiverName,
qcmdexc('dltjrnrcv' + %trim(ReceiverLib) + '/' + ReceiverName) from
List_Journal_Receivers(...) where detachedtimestamp <
LastSavedTimestamp
)

IBM Certified System Administrator - IBM i 6.1 Group Dekko Dept 1600
Mail to: 2505 Dekko Drive
Garrett, IN 46738
Ship to: Dock 108
6928N 400E