On 5/26/2015 4:35 PM, Vernon Hamberg wrote:

Tried that - if I just drag it (left-click) it pulls the file out the
ACS location and puts it on the desktop - it's a move. If I press Ctrl
while doing this, it's a copy. That's like what Jim recommended.

There's no way to get a true shortcut from the Session Manager that I
can see. Time for an RFE!

Here's what I did; might be dumb.

1) Copy the entire directory to the IFS
2) Map a network drive from Windows to IFS
3) Create shortcut:
X:\Software\IBM_i_Access_Client_Solutions\Start_Scripts\Windows\acslaunch.js
/PLUGIN=5250 /SYSTEM=my.system.name /wide=1
4) Run that. Up fires a 5250 session and only a 5250 session.
5) Communications > Configure... Set it up the way I like it.
6) File > Save as... This will create a .hod file
7) Run Windows Explorer. The default location to save these things is
C:\Users\buck\Documents\IBM\iAccessClient\Emulator\HODData\localuser 8)
Close the original shortcut, right click it and select Properties. Or
make a copy that you will tinker with.
9) Have the shortcut run the .hod file:
X:\Software\IBM_i_Access_Client_Solutions\Start_Scripts\Windows\acslaunch.js
C:\Users\buck\Documents\IBM\iAccessClient\Emulator\HODData\localuser\buck.hod
10) Run that shortcut and you should get your personal configuration
(stored on your hard drive) but using the software from the IFS (which
will be one central place to be updated instead of many disparate PCs).