On 18-May-2015 19:39 -0500, CRPence wrote:
On 18-May-2015 18:35 -0500, Hoteltravelfundotcom wrote:
I am getting error:
  Keyword ROW_NUMBER not expected. Valid tokens: FROM INTO.

<<SNIP>>

  Select * from
  (
    Select *
     row_number() over (partition by [Otord#]
             order by case ottrnc when '001' then 1 else 2 end
                       , ottrnd, ottrt
                       )
                    as RowN
    from Rklib.clspaytp
  ) a
  where a.RowN in (1,2)

A -104 aka SQL0104 as Syntax Error. The problem occurs as ROW_NUMBER
in the currently coded\failing statement. So syntactically, what is
wrong with the following?:

   select * row_number() ...

The first token after the SELECT asks to included all columns from
the file. The second token requests to include the ROW_NUMBER() for
a second column. The SELECT expression\column-list is a
comma-separated list. Thus, try the following:

   select *, row_number() ...

The next syntax error will be for the '[' and ']' characters which
are not supported as delimiters [for anything AFaIK] in the SQL. If
the column name is mixed-case, then the proper delimiters are the '"'
[i.e. the double-quote character].

Excuse me, a correction, the unexpected Keyword [is also a] syntax error with a separate sqlcode of -199 aka SQL0199 from the more general syntax-error. The KnowledgeCenter being down is a real PITA :^Q