Response from IBM on this:

<ibmresponse>

Hi Jeff,

As it turns out, the NetServer code doesn't actually perform the step that
returns the IP address for the CPIB683 RC13 error, so I had to check with a
couple of different people to try to track down where the 6.0.0.7 IP
address might have come from.   I finally talked with someone who works
with what they call DNS resolver code.

He tells me that he has seen some DNS servers respond back with a bogus IP
address, if they do not know what the actual IP is, and this is probably
what happened.  However, we can't tell this without a trace, so he
recommended capturing a TRCCNN when the error occurs.

That presents a couple of problems.  First, the error only occurred when
your COMCAST was down.  Second, we've since put a proper entry in the IBM i
host table for the NetServer in order to prevent this sort of thing from
happening.  So we shouldn't be seeing any more occurrences in order to
trace.

I suppose we could try to recreate by removing our host table entry and
doing something to make COMCAST inaccessible, but do you want to go to
those lengths just to satisfy our curiosity?

I'll let you make the call, as you're the one it would cause the extra work
for.

</ibmresponse>

I told them to close the PMR.  My curiosity was not that high.