Le 13/05/2015 22:04, rob@xxxxxxxxx a écrit :
<snip>
For instance I created a user on the HMC with the same name as the user
that runs the ssh commands.
</snip>
I was kind of wondering about that...

Friday...

There is no need for the user profiles to have the same name on both systems. The key is valid for a peer of user profiles on the source system and the target system. On the source system, the source user profile is included into the id_rsa.pub file at the end of the record just before source host name and added to the authorized keys file with mkauthkeys command.

When you run the command through ssh (eg ssh hmcuser@hmc), you just have to take care of using the HMC user id for which you have added the key. For instance, for our automation needs, we use OPERATOR user id on HMC and the jobs run with QSYSOPR on the IBMi partition. The keys have been created with QSYSOPR.

Rob Berendt
-- IBM Certified System Administrator - IBM i 6.1 Group Dekko Dept 1600 Mail to: 2505 Dekko Drive Garrett, IN 46738 Ship to: Dock 108 6928N 400E Kendallville, IN 46755 http://www.dekko.com From: Bryan Dietz <bdietz400@xxxxxxxxx> To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx> Date: 05/13/2015 03:57 PM Subject: Re: Power Handling program? Sent by: "MIDRANGE-L" <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx> Rob, to "eliminate" the login prompting you'll want to be sure you have got the keys imported. I believe it is called "Public-key authentication" Since it is a unix thing there are probably lots of docs if googleing. the doc you reference: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas8N1019126 shows the steps for importing the keys.

This is the document I was looking for but did not find it, with Google (searching with IBM i or IBMi is not easy, indeed...)

it will be important to make sure the user running the ssh commands is the one the keys were created for. (that part always trips me up). For instance I created a user on the HMC with the same name as the user that runs the ssh commands.
[cut]