It should be a two way street, if IBM I has it then LUW should have it to.

I don't understand this fragmented DB2 ecosystem. The two separate development teams should be merged into one and they should stay in lockstep with each other.

It's gotta be costing IBM a pretty penny to maintain the two database platforms separately.

-----Original Message-----
From: Charles Wilt [mailto:charles.wilt@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, May 11, 2015 11:42 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Temporal database feature on IBM i?

Personally,

I don't think this request will go anywhere....and may even prove detrimental.

Sure I'd be great if DB2 for i got everything DB2 for LUW did...but just not realistic.

I'd imagine Rochester's DB2 group watches DB2 LUW closely anyway; adding what seems to be useful and/or requested to DB2 for i.

But I'd prefer them to be able to add functionality we want/need even if
DB2 for LUW doesn't have it.  EVI's for instance.

Charles