Perhaps you got tired of reading my reply and didn't make it to this
paragraph:
<snip>

In STRQM you may want to look at
10. Work with Query Manager profiles
Find your user profile.
5=Display
Look at "Commitment control level".
If you are not using journalling you may will probably have to change this
to None.  This may help you avoid the message you saw when you started
STRQM.
</snip>

But, to see what transactions are pending commit?

DSPJOB OPTION(*CMTCTL)
Use option 5=Display on
Commitment
Definition     Text
*DFTACTGRP     Default activation group
Then use F6=Display resource status
1=Select  on Record level
                                    -------------Changes--------------
File        Library     Member          Commit    Rollback     Pending
MYTABLE     ROB         MYTABLE              0           0           1
                        MYTABLE              0           0           0

There may even be a way to evaluate the journals for pending commits.
There is a CL command COMMIT
I used that and now I have no pending commits.

If I had exited STRSQL with those pending commits (I did) and had signed
off without executing COMMIT, it would have already rolled them back.
Which can really blow ones mind.
Once we started journalling for Mimix many developers stopped getting the
errors with imbedded SQL about not having a journal when they forgot to
compile with no commitment control.  So, they forgot to say 'no commitment
control'.  Of course, the automatic roll backs were really freaking them
out.  :-)