From: Evan Harris [mailto:auctionitis@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, May 07, 2015 2:47 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: PowerHA for i questions

Hi

Thanks for the replies so far

Patrick:
To use the same IP address I guess they would need to be in the same network - correct ?
Also, I have not seen any details on how to tag the IP other than references to AIX. Do you have a reference ?

Jim:
By create target iASP do you mean populate it with data as opposed to creating the disk pool I think STRASPSSN is the start replication command - is that the command you are referring to ?
When you say not enough CPU allocated to PowerHA - do you mean the source or tarket LPAR, or both How much CPU (in your estimation) does PowerHA typicall add (I realize this is probably an "it depends" type question)

The scenario we are looking at is replicating a couple of guest LPARs from one site to another, in different networks. No VIOS, just i on i hosting.

That is good feedback about the network saturation. We are wanting to run a test first to gain some understanding of the numbers involved and get a feel for how it works.

Thanks again, this is most helpful.

> --

Regards
Evan Harris