For us, LTO7 would be very significant.
Currently on LTO5.
Even upgrading to LTO6 would have a large impact.

We did see the improvement from the charts, LTO3 to LTO5.
I don't expect to see the same amount of performance improvement with LTO6 or LTO7.
I will see the capacity, though.

LTO7 benefits.
1) Capacity - Less total volumes needed, (includes a dup volume for every volume)
LTO3 - 1000 volumes
LTO5 - 200 volumes
LTO7 - 100 volumes?
2) Capacity - Library can hold more data.
Current 3573 library has 44 slots. Currently, we can keep 1 to 2 years of data available, in the library.
With LTO7, that number could increase to 3 to 4 years.
3) Performance - LTO drives need a system capable of supplying data to keep up with the LTO drives.
a) disk subsystem (SSD)
b) FC interface (8 or 16)
c) Adequate FC switch, (if one is used)
d) IO Bus also a factor.
e) Drive Buffer size - The FC full height drives have double the buffer size than the HH. Unfortunately, I could only opt for the HH drives.

If you want to see the ultimate LTO performance, you need to factor in all parts of the equation.
May need a P8, 16gb FC card, and SSD (or more) to see the LTO7 perf numbers.

Back on P5, LTO3, with 15k spinny drives, the LTO3 were constantly waiting on the disk, disks could not keep up.
Currently Production, P7, LTO5, SSD, tape drives are constantly writing, disk response time does go up, but no waits. (disk response time change during backup, .1ms to 1.1ms )
Currently on R&D, P7, LTO5, 10k spinny, tape drives are waiting on the disk(disk response time,( disk response time change during backup, 1.5ms to 10ms)

Just an FYI.
DUP performance is significantly slower.
If using DUPTAP or DUPMEDBRM, I have an outstanding DCR (2 years).
The main dup engine code needs a major overhaul to see LTO5 and beyond perf numbers.

Paul