10.10.x.x ? Will creating just another virtual adapter to get anohter CMNxx
at the guest work? How would you handle a switch that is VLAN'd need the
completely different subnets like above?

On Fri, May 1, 2015 at 12:08 PM, Jim Oberholtzer <
midrangel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

With VIOS you can set it up just about any way you want. What was asked
about will work fine.

I could argue that the second SEA is not really needed except for failover
if the card fails. (then again when was the last time you saw an Ethernet
card just fail. Normally they give you fits first.)

--
Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Kirk
Goins
Sent: Friday, May 01, 2015 11:18 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: VIOS and Shared Ethernet Adapter

Forget IBMi on IBMi I meant to use it as ref and I know NOT to put an IP
on
the SEA just the guests.

Just to be clear on the setup plan
Dual Port GB NIC that VIOS owns
Port0 would have VIOS Address assigned
Port0 would also have a SEA that supports 1 or more IBM i guests
Port1 Would have another SEA that supports say another IBM i guest.

So based on your experience this will work fine.

Thanks