I had a similar problem and opened a PMR. These are the instructions I
received from IBM:

The instructions assume that a direct internet connection will be used.

Do the following while signed on with a user profile that has *SECOFR authority:

DLTSRVCFG DLTCMNCFG(*YES)

WRKTCPPTP and delete any remaining profiles that begin with the letter 'Q'

WRKLIND LIND(Q*) and delete any remaining lines that have the type of
*PPP and begin with the letter 'Q'

WRKLNK '/QIBM/UserData/OS400/UniversalConnection/*'

Delete (4=Remove) the following files:

ecc.stdout

eccerr.stdout

eccbase.properties (all instances)

eccConnect.properties (all instances)

QTOC* files (QTOCcit.fil, QTOCcntry.fil and QTOCsrv.fil)

CRTSRVCFG ROLE(*PRIMARY) CNNTYPE(*DIRECT) CNTRYID(*SELECT) STATE(*SELECT)

- Select the appropriate country/region

- Select the appropriate state/province (this is the
state/province that the system is physically located)

- If there is a proxy server involved, specify the appropriate
proxy information too

GO SERVICE and take option 1. Change Service Agent attributes

- Specify Enable as *NO

Press F12=Cancel

WRKJOBSCDE JOB(QS*) and verify that none of the following entries exist:

QSJERRRPT QSJHEARTBT QS9AUTOPTF QS9AUTOTST or QS9SACOL

If any do exist, take option 4=Remove

GO SERVICE and take option 1. Change Service Agent attributes

- Specify Enable as *YES

SNDPTFORD PTFID((SF98xxx *ONLYPRD *ONLYRLS))

***Where xxx is the OS release, ie. SF98540 for V5R4, SF98610 for V6R1
and SF98710 for V7R1.

- And/Or -

SNDSRVRQS ACTION(*TEST)

Yours truly,