Thanks Chuck and Buck. "Followup" works. So does Ctrl-R.

Sam

FWIW: I'm running on Windows Vista and Thunderbird 31.6.0 and the way I have Thunderbird set up, I can find a "Smart Reply" icon. But putting it on the menu actually cause the "Followup" icon to reply, on which are the "Followup" "Reply All" and "Reply" options. Thunderbird sometimes confuses me...