On 15-Apr-2015 22:41 -0500, Sam_L wrote:
If I reply to a message on gmane, or post a new message, will it end
up on Midrange.com?

If asking about whether the message will appear on the midrange.com archive, then... Yes. The archival has continued, the same as prior to the change, accessible via <http://archive.midrange.com>. The above- quoted message is at the following link, as evidence that the new message arrived, at least for the purpose of archival [and presumably also the post was delivered as email to each subscriber of the list who is registered to receive posts via email]:
<http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l/201504/msg00410.html>

(I've always used Thunderbird with news.midrange.com.)

The NNTP access had long been available [for several of the email lists as far back as 2002] from both the news.gmane.org and news.midrange.com News Servers. So effectively, AIUI, the only change is that the news.midrange.com server will no longer be accepting and storing new messages, and possibly eventually may stop serving-up the news:// format for reading the messages that currently reside there. Since the change, the ¿sole? provider of bi-directional NNTP access to the email lists will be the news.gmane.org news server.

---

For directions about disabling the above Avast "spamvertising":
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/mozilla.general/ZnuM5EGOabo/rnMV1CU_vMYJ>