Dan:

I just ran a quick test on a V7R1 TR7 system, and when I created a data area QSYS/QCPSRCCHGD type *CHAR length 1 value blank, this had the effect you describe -- it overrides the behavior of CPYSRCF even when you specify SRCCHGDATE(*FROMMBR).

This certainly seems to be a defect, probably due to some old code that is still checking for that data area, from that "circumvention" that was put in place before there was a SRCCHGDATE parameter on the CPYSRCF command. I suggest you open a PMR (support incident) to report this to IBM, as it probably should be corrected.

Also, you can either delete or rename that data area QCPSRCCHGD in QSYS and that should resolve this issue for you.

HTH,

Mark S. Waterbury