On 27-Mar-2015 04:21 -0500, Erwin Donker wrote:
<<SNIP>>
What I can NOT explain, is why the CPI 20 value does not work on the
210 character line, while the CPI 15 value does not give any
problems. Does anyone on this list have any ideas?

What was described, may be a side effect of Computer Output Reduction (COR) processing being performed.? Some links that may be of interest; noting specifically, the COR reference under the *AUTO heading and thus also the "replaced with" for font substitution under the *COR heading where conspicuously absent is mention of an originally 20-pitch font:

<http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/api/content/ssw_ibm_i_71/rzalu/rzalupagrttauto.htm>
_PAGRTT = *AUTO_
"If PAGRTT = *AUTO, then these are true.

• If the output is too large to fit on the form, computer output reduction is performed automatically.
• If the page is wider than it is long, the page is rotated 90 degrees. If it is not wider than it is long, the page is not rotated.
• *AUTO is only supported for spooled files with a device type (DEVTYPE) of *SCS, *IPDS, ...
..."

<http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/api/content/ssw_ibm_i_71/rzalu/rzalupagrttcor.htm>
_PAGRTT = *COR_
"If PAGRTT = *COR, then these are true.

• Output is rotated 90 degrees.
• Page size is set to 11 by 8.5 inches.
• Font substitution occurs as follows:
• 12-pitch fonts are replaced with 15-pitch fonts.
• 15-pitch fonts are replaced with 20-pitch fonts.
• All other fonts are replaced with a 13.3-pitch font (with the exception of the 4028 printer, which uses a 15-pitch font).
..."

<http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/api/content/ssw_ibm_i_71/rzalu/rbaqbmst160.htm>
_Characters per Inch in COR Mode (CPICOR) tag_
"The Characters per Inch in COR Mode (CPICOR) tag defines the control sequence for setting the number of characters per inch while in COR mode.
..."