sounds good. appreciate the info.
Jim

On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 12:14 PM, <rob@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'd still precede any occurrence of
ENDNFSSVR SERVER(*ALL)
with
EXPORTFS OPTIONS('-U -A')

The only thing constant is change. You may add exports in the future.

Group Dekko
Dept 1600
Mail to: 2505 Dekko Drive
Garrett, IN 46738
Ship to: Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

From: Jim Franz <franz9000@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 03/23/2015 12:01 PM
Subject: Re: ENDTCPSVR hang on NFS

IBM Support responded
Can see active mounts in System i Navigator

File systems
Integrated File System - right click - choose Dynamic Mount Information

We have no mounts.
Have now set NFS to not auto start

Jim

On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 11:38 AM, <rob@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

EXPORTFS OPTIONS('-U -A')
ENDNFSSVR SERVER(*ALL)

The first unmounts (-U) all (-A) exports. I tested running this by

system gdisys2
strnfssvr
EXPORTFS OPTIONS('-I -O') DIR('/tmp')

system gdisys
md '/gdisys2'
md '/gdisys2/tmp'
MOUNT TYPE(*NFS) MFS('gdisys2:/tmp') MNTOVRDIR('/gdisys2/tmp')
OPTIONS('rw,suid,retry=5,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,timeo=20,retrans=5,
acregmin=30,acregmax=60,acdirmin=30,acdirmax=60,soft,async,
sec=sys,vers=3:2,nocache')
edtf '/gdisys2/tmp/test.txt'

and right while I was in the middle of editing that file, over on
GDISYS2
I ran
EXPORTFS OPTIONS('-U -A')
endNFSSVR SERVER(*ALL)
and it ended correctly.

I haven't found if there's a showmount type of command.

Group Dekko
Dept 1600
Mail to: 2505 Dekko Drive
Garrett, IN 46738