Is there such a think as a MFS client service?

Here's the situation. I have some MOUNT's on one lpar going to another. I
want to unmount one and mount it again. I go to unmount it and it tells
me it is in use. I try the fat client to see who has it in use and the
fat client locks up. I try the web browser client to see who has it in
use and it never opens "Properties". So I started thinking, is there some
way to shutdown the MFS client service (if there is such a beast)?

GO CMDMFS

Well, I remembered we had DSPIFSLCK (Author . . : Carsten Flensburg) so I
tried that:
CPDA1B9 - An error has occurred in the Network File System (NFS).
The reason code is 6.
6. The server is not responding, aborted.
CPF9897
Message . . . . : 3409: Operation timed out.

"Possible" problem scenario.
Did a Mimix switch this weekend. During that switch the DNS is changed to
reflect the 'backup' system. When done, and we switch back, the DNS is
changed back. We have older network equipment that doesn't support the
same subnet in two different cities. There are three other lpars that
mount over a directory on this system. All Domino machines. Two of the
three are lightly used cluster backups. They successfully unmounted and
remounted. The 'primary' domino machine will not not let me unmount.
Suspect a custom written domino agent has a lock on this directory. And
it's confused as heck because of the switching.

STATFS does return:
Object . . . . . . . . . . . . : /gdihq/editpdta
File system type . . . . . . . : Network File System (NFS)
Path of mounted file system . : gdihq:/editpdta
Path mounted over . . . . . . : /gdihq/editpdta
among other information. But it doesn't tell me if it is the 'right'
gdihq. Like, show me the IP address. Sure I could ping it to get the
current IP address, but maybe the mount is still thinking the old IP
address.