After further consultation at the client, I have determined that they were
having a problem using this connection string from a .NET program running
on a non IBM i system and connecting to the IBM i.
Provider=IBMDA400;Data Source=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx;User Id=*****;Password=*****
;Default Collection=T47FILES;Naming Convention=1;Library
List=R47MODS,R47PTF,R47OBJ,T47MODSDTA,T47FILES,*Libl
When they removed the *Libl from the end, it worked fine.
is there an equivalent value to use when using the IBMDA400 OLEDB client?

Jeff Young
Sr. Programmer Analyst