To: "'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Winchester Terry <terry.winchester@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 03/06/2015 02:11PM
Subject: RE: [Bulk] How does ASSUME keyword work with DSPSIZ?

Mark,

I don't typically use those heywords either...instead I make sure
that all of my display files has a simple dummy record like this:

* Dummy record to allow the DEFER(*NO) option to work correctly *
* and prevent any overwrites to a screen underneath. *
R DUMMY
ASSUME
24 79' '

You don't even need to write this record...simply have it inside
of your display file when you compile it.

Terry