On 27-Feb-2015 19:52 -0600, Steinmetz, Paul wrote:

A new mobil app that was recently launched is consuming job numbers,
job tables, and joblogs.

FWiW, the term "mobile app" is presumably intended; unless perhaps writing an app for the brand name Mobil [or the combined brand name ExxonMobil] ;-)

Within the app, QSH is called.
Each time QSH is called, a 3 new job start, which produces an empty
job logs
My goal is to turn off joblogs, but only for the SSH jobs.

If the job having invoked QSH CMD() is established with LOG(*N *N *NOLIST) then the joblogs will not be produced for the jobs spawned from the shell session.

I previously researched this, was given doc below.
OpenSSH: How to Stop SSH from Creating Thousands of Job Logs
<http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas8N1015450>

However, in this situation, these jobs are not using
SSHLIB/SSHJOIBD, so changing SSHLIB/SSHJOBD had no impact.

I was able stop the SSH JOBDs by setting the JOBD for the mobil job
to *NOLIST, but that is not an option.

Job description: SSHJOBD Library: SSHLIB

Message logging:
Log CL program commands . . . . . . . . . . . . : *NO

How are others handling the joblogs created by SSH.

I just wrote a utility I called SHNL [SHell with NoLog] that can establish generally for any QSH CMD() request, via a request to the CHGJOB LOG(*N *N *NOLIST), the preventive to logging; the SHNL CMD() would need to be used in place of the QSH CMD(). The utility resets the logging attributes with CHGJOB LOG(*N *N &LOGTYPE) upon exit from the QSH processing, with the RTVJOBA LOGTYPE(&LOGTYPE) having been performed upon entry. Thus the /mobile job/ should be able to be re-coded to invoke SHNL instead of QSH, yet still remain with the non-*NOLIST logging level.

Note: the utility is dependent on an implementation-detail of the QSH command [that implementation likely persists in all follow-on releases since v5r3 where I tested which means coded somewhat old-style for %BIN etc.] and depends on a user-written program that is defined to accept a single parameter of a varying-length command-string that operates effectively as a command interpreter [I have one, called EXECCMD, that just invokes QCMDEXC, but is not coded to deal with any errors].

If interested, I could post a CL stream that can be used to generate the utility, to include the command execution program if desired, and even a command definition for that ExecCmd if desired.? Because I do not have access to the newer-release CL compiler(s), minimally the lack of *DEFINED storage makes the CLPs uglier than I would prefer.