Try and get the PTFs downloaded and applied right away. There is a better
than average chance they will apply immediate. If not then all you need to
do on the weekend is reboot.

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 8:27 AM, Rama Ravichandar <
rama.ravichandar@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thank You very much for your help, Rob & Jim.

You're right we recently upgraded to 6.1 and we are on side B, of a single
Lpar m/c with no HMC. I will probably apply the PTFs next weekend.

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Jim Oberholtzer
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2015 8:53 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: PTF Install - Not Found & Pre-apply status

Rob is correct, you should check that, but I'll guess based on your post
you do believe your machine is IPLd to the B side. Your question, if you
download and apply the missing PTFs will the groups show installed after
that is yes they will. Using WRKPTFGRP and some of the options on that
command will help you discover what's missing.

I've had that happen quite a bit with V6R1, very occasionally with V7R1 and
I can't recall it happening on V7R2 at this point. Usually it happens in
conjunction with a TR or major number of groups being applied all at once.

It's not a big deal and most of the PTFs that are missing are small enough
to download directly, although they may need an IPL to apply.