Specific to the "pertinent" list you provided earlier, here's what the
qsys2.group_ptf_info query turned up:
PTF_Grp GRP_LVL Description
SF99701 27 DB2 FOR IBM I
SF99701 25 DB2 FOR IBM I
SF99707 7 TECHNOLOGY REFRESH
SF99707 6 TECHNOLOGY REFRESH
SF99709 101 GROUP HIPER
SF99709 93 GROUP HIPER
SF99710 13,298 CUMULATIVE PTF PACKAGE C3298710
SF99710 13,037 CUMULATIVE PTF PACKAGE C3037710

So, right off the bat, it looks like the last cume was from late 2013 (if I
remember correctly how to read the package ID). It stands to reason that
the other groups are as out-of-date as the cume.

As I'm 3 weeks new in this shop, I'm not in a position to order these.
Since we are a big software house in the financial sector, and have clients
we support with their own i hardware, I suspect we need to tread carefully
with TRs and and PTFs. However, being over a year past the last update,
perhaps I just need to put the tickler in to get this reviewed.

I *really* need to get familiar with the system catalog tables and views.

Thanks!
- Dan