On 17-Feb-2015 14:41 -0600, Dan wrote:
I've never noticed the object_statistics function before. I can't
remember how long I've been looking for a one-step method to get a
list of all of the source physical files on a system. (I.e.,
PF-SRC*)

Currently, I use DSPFD *MBR to an outfile, and select MBDTAT = 'S'.

That Display File Description request produces a row for every database file member; seems potentially massive overkill if only a list of all PF-SRC _files_ are of interest versus a list of all PF-SRC _members_ is of interest.

The following DSPFD can significantly limit the output, yet the likely large number of non-source physical files are included so further selection is PHDTAT='S', but an extra record for every additional member beyond a first is not generated [which as a list of /files/ would all be ignored]:

DSPFD TYPE(*ATR) FILEATR(*PF) /* model file QAFDPHY in QSYS */

Any better options?

select * from QSYS/QADBXLFI where DBXTYP='S'

Note: Database [source] physical files in QTEMP libraries were never tracked [and presumably still are not] by the System Database Cross-Reference (DBXREF) feature that is responsible for populating [most of] the QADB* files in QSYS. I named the logical file QADBXLFI in the table-reference for the above SELECT query because that file is publicly authorized. Either the creator of the logical VIEW over the physical file QADBXREF in QSYS must have *ALLOBJ authority or the program that accesses the data directly from that PF named as table-reference must adopt that authority because there is no support to modify the authorities of [or really to make _any_ changes to] the files QADB* in QSYS.

The above query instead could use the SQL catalog VIEW SYSTABLES [that is also publicly authorized], for which the DBXTYP field of QADBXREF is exposed as FILE_TYPE or FILETYPE:

select * from QSYS2/SYSTABLES where FILE_TYPE='S' /* FILETYPE='S' */

If /member/ information is desired, the SYSPSTAT [partition status] [or perhaps the table function used to implement that] VIEW may be preferable.