Good morning

I got called into work on this to figure out what is wrong.

We had a tape library go bad and replaced the complete unit. It was varied
off before the swap and after the swap it was varied on. ALL looked ok.

The backup last night aborted so I have been looking at it today. It is
configured as 3580 library with a 3581 tape drive.

When I do a WRKMLMBRM the loaded tapes show the tapes are in *share400
category and one tape is Mounted

When I do WRKMLBSTS is shows the tap library as varied on

It shows the tap01 as operational and unprotected.

IF I do a DSPTAPCGY it shows many categories tied to the Serial number or
system name.

When I try and do a SAVLIB LIBA TAPMLB01 I get a CPF3794 I do an F10
and it states the *MOUNTED is not correct

I have never worked with cartridge types before. How do I reset or allocate
the cartridge to the new drive?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Dave Willenborg