On 09-Feb-2015 16:03 -0600, Bryan Dietz wrote:
<<SNIP>>

IBM released table function returns information about objects in a
library.

<<SNIP link to QSYS2.Object_Statistics table function (UDTF)>>

if you really want to do this real time I would look into the
QUSLOBJ API

Using the OBJECT_STATISTICS() is effectively just deferring to the QUSLOBJ API [or a quite similar function\method] to retrieve the information for the objects of [the selected types in] a library; in effect, the results requested indirectly via the UDTF are likely to be just as real-time [for most purposes] as if deferring to the API directly.