Thanks Vern. But, this is being handled by remote site. I was morbidly
curious about the quoted price. Cache battery at local 520 had not
failed. Was a minor issue for CE. Since remote is off maintenance, the
minimum time charge, as mentioned by the Doctor, is a significant factor.
No idea what type of battery is being used. Thing is remote site thought
they could save money by dropping maintenance. Then, this data migration
project came up. No major hardware issue, as yet. But, it is rather like
playing with fire. Brand new hardware can break. So can very old
hardware. Have to work in the sweet spot, while it lasts.

John McKee

On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 1:59 PM, Vernon Hamberg <vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>