Rob, You can make the vhost number match the partition if so desired, the
rules for device naming are guidelines only and nobody can tell you not to
name it LPAR1VHOST0 for example (do check if there is a length limit, i
havent tried that). Also, some people make nice scripts to automate that
from each partition the same as when using a single FC card/Tape unit to
backup.