Using a putty client you may have downloaded from
Start a session to vios11.corp.dekko.com
Sign on as (redacted)
Remembering these partition numbers:
1-vios11
2-vios12
3-RACK1HST
4-GDWEB
5-GDIHQ
6-GDISYS
7-MAIL1
8-TSMAIX
Enter in this command: lsdev
This will show you a large list of stuff including cd0, cdrom, vhost0,
vhost1, vhost2, etc. Interesting information to know but you could have
skipped the lsdev command.
Enter in the command: lsmap –all | more
That’s lsmap space –all space pipesymbol(above enter key on laptops) more
Three columns:
SVSA, this will be where you find the vhost# value,
Physloc, this will be where you find the virtual scsi adapter (like C114)
Client partition ID, 0x00000003 is partition 3.
The following tells us that Partition 4 currently has the dvd drive
virtualized to it:
SVSA Physloc Client
Partition ID
--------------- -------------------------------------------- ----------
vhost1 U8286.41A.214403V-V1-C114 0x00000004

VTD cdrom
Status Available
LUN 0x8100000000000000
Backing device cd0
Physloc U78C9.001.WZS00UA-P2-D27
Mirrored N/A
Record the vhost from the SVSA column which matches the partition number
we want to assign it to from the Client Partition ID column:
__________________
Not the partition which has it currently assigned to. Note how the number
on the end of vhost does not match the number of the client partition id?
Now we will remove the DVD from any partition which may have it
virtualized to it with:
rmvdev –f –vdev cd0
And we will assign it to our desired partition with this next command.
This this following command replace vhost0 with the vhost from the SVSA
column which matches the partition from the client partition id. You
recorded this just a step or two ago.
mkvdev –f –vdev cd0 –vadapter vhost0 –dev cdrom
Verify you got this right by rerunning: lsmap –all | more